There is a frequently asked question of “I want to unhide a hidden partition in Win 8. What should I do?”. Actually, users always perform hiding and showing hidden partition. As computer users, they may often hide partition to prevent malicious users from viewing or modifying their important data.
When they want to use these data, they may want to show hidden partition in Windows 8. In this way, computer users can not only protect their data (especially the data related to users’ privacy or business secret) well, but also display the certain hidden data when they are needed.
In this paper, we would like to tell users how to not only hide a certain partition but also unhide hidden partition in Win 8. Let’s learn the following two ways of hiding partition first.
Hiding Partition with Disk Management
- Users can enter the main interface of “Computer Management” by right clicking “Computer” and choosing “Manage”.
- Users should click “Disk Management” to see disk list. And then, they can right click the certain partition they want to hide in computer and choose the option of “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
- In the pop-up small window, users need to click “Remove” and choose “Yes” after reading the warning in the small window of “Disk Management”.
- After the operation was completed, users will find that they have successfully hidden the certain partition.
Hide a Certain Partition in Win 8 with MiniTool Partition Wizard
- Run MiniTool Partition Wizard, choose a partition to be hidden and click “Hide Partition” from the left action panel.
- Click “Apply” to execute operation.
After knowing the ways of hiding partition, we will tell users how to show hidden partition. There are three ways for users to unhide a hidden partition in Win 8.
Unhide Partition in Win 8 with DM
Note: Users can only use DM to unhide a partition if this partition was hidden by it before. If users use DM to display a certain partition hidden with MiniTool partition magic, they will find that the option of “Change Drive Letter and Paths” is grayed out.
- Users should click “Disk Management” after getting in the main interface of “Computer Management”.
- Right click the partition users want to unhide and choose “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
- Choose “Add” and specify a drive letter for the chosen partition from the drop-down list of “Assign the following drive letter:”.
- Click “OK” to carry out operations.
Show Hidden Partition with the Help of MiniTool Partition Wizard
Note: Users can also only use MiniTooL Partition Wizard to show a certain partition which was hidden by it before.
- Launch this partition software, select the certain hidden partition and choose “Unhide Partition” from the left action panel in the main interface of the software.
- Specify a new drive letter for the chosen partition and click “OK”.
- Click “Apply” from the top left corner and select “Yes” to carry out the pending changes.
We can see that it’s quite simple for us to hide partition as well as unhide a hidden partition in Win 8. Of course, users can realize these two aims by using Disk Management or partition magic.