When browsing on the go, it’s not always practical to have to remember passwords for all of your accounts. This is especially true when users have unique long and complex passwords for each account.
For people who would rather not remember or write down their passwords, Dolphin Browser for Android lets you remember passwords and set a master password.
To allow Dolphin Browser to remember your passwords, the following conditions must be met:
- Dolphin Jetpack should be installed and enabled.
- Enable the ‘remember passwords’ function by going to Dolphin Settings > Advanced > Privacy > Remember passwords.
- Do not manually delete passwords you want to keep. If you do want to clear out some of the remembered passwords, though, you can do so by going to Dolphin Settings > General > Data > Clear Data > Passwords.
- On the login area of the webpage you’re on, make sure the ‘remember password’ option is selected (if applicable).
- Do not enable Incognito Mode from the right sidebar, as passwords will not be remembered with this function turned on.
Once these conditions are met, you’ll be able to browse without having to input your passwords every time you want to log into a site. If you want additional protection for your passwords, you can set a master password.
The master password will help you protect sensitive information, such as site usernames and passwords. Generally, sites will ask you via pop-up if you’d like to save your password for the next time you visit.
Even if you select ‘yes’ to save your username and password, you will still need to input your master password each time you want to log into the site. Once you enter the master password, only then will your username and password be auto-filled into the form.
Nobody can remove the master password unless the password is correctly entered within the Dolphin Settings screen. This prevents people from accessing any accounts where you saved your username and/or passwords, even if you’ve lost your phone.
To set your master password, go to Dolphin Settings > Advanced > Privacy > Use master password. You will then be prompted to enter a password.
Please note: be very sure you can remember your master password! If you forget it, there is no way to retrieve the password.
Ready to start browsing more securely? Download Dolphin Browser for Android today!