Google plus and face book are most popular social networking sites this days. It has already gained huge popularity in their audience.
- Launched of date June, 2011
- Registered users 170 million
- Active users 100 million
- After launch Google plus was adding over 10 million new users each month, the fastest growth of any network.
- The average users are 67% male, 28 years old, actively posting and viewing content and Google plus are in more technical fields like engineering and web development.
- Google plus users are more technically savvy than their face book counterparts.
- The top brands on Google plus are android, mashable, chrome.
- Top brands on Google plus are all part of the technology industry.
- Google plus focuses on user content and the most popular posts reflect that.
- Standard out features are circles and hangouts.
- Marketing strategy for Google plus are segment with circles, post long form content, post videos and pictures often and embrace new features like hangouts.
Face book Facts
- Launched of date February, 2004
- Registered users 900 million
- Active users 530 million
- The average user 57% male, 38 years old, less technical and most of the people are busy on liking other content.
- The top three brands on face book are coca-cola, Disney, star bucks.
- Top brands on face book are consumer brands from various industries.
- Types of content shared on face book are likes, status updates, comments, pictures.
- Standard features user base, face book ads.
- Face book is geared more towards traditional marketing serving ads and messages to a large audience.
- Marketing strategy for face book are engage users on personal level, target audience with ads, posts must cut through clutter.
- Do not overload users with posts.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):